CHARLOTTE, N.C. (May 3, 2018) – Michael Ehrhardt’s two-point goal in the fourth quarter gave the Charlotte Hounds a late advantage and they held on for a 14-13 win over the Chesapeake Bayhawks on Thursday night at American Legion Memorial Stadium.
Ehrhardt tallied his second two-point goal of the season 13:16 into the final quarter to put Charlotte ahead 14-12.
Jake Froccaro tied the score at 10-10 three minutes into the fourth quarter. The Hounds then scored two straight before goals from Matt Abbott and Robert Maddux tied the score again. Ehrhardt then tallied the two-pointer for a 14-12 lead.
The Hounds improved to 3-0, matching the best start in franchise history. They will go for their fourth straight win on Saturday against the Machine.
PLAYERS OF NOTE
- Michael Ehrhardt matched his season high with three points (2 goals).
- Matt Rambo was named Coca-Cola MVP with three goals and two assists.
- Dylan Maltz (3 goals, assist) recorded his second straight four-point game for Charlotte.
- Colin Heacock had three goals and an assist for Chesapeake.
- Myles Jones recorded a career-high five assists and a season-high six points (goal).