COLUMBUS, Ohio (May 5, 2018) – The Charlotte Hounds extended their perfect season to 4-0 as they beat the Ohio Machine, 14-10 at Fortress Obetz Field on Saturday afternoon.
Matt Rambo led the way in scoring for Charlotte with three goals, two of which came in the second half.
Both teams were slow to rally the offense as Ohio trailed 6-5 at the half. Charlotte pulled away in the fourth quarter with five straight goals from Joe McCallion, Ryan Brown, Dylan Maltz, Matt Rambo and John Haus.
The win was Charlotte’s second this weekend, as they beat Chesapeake on Thursday night at home.
PLAYERS OF NOTE:
- Matt Rambo had his second consecutive three-goal night. He matched his career high in goals (9) and set a new career high with 18 points on the season.
- Mike Chanenchuk, Ryan Brown, John Haus, Dylan Maltz, and Joe McCallion all had two goals for Charlotte.
- Pierce Bassett collected his first win of the 2018 season, stopping 10 shots.
- Tom Schreiber tallied four points (3 goals, assist) for Ohio.
- Marcus Holman was held to just one assist in his first game since breaking the MLL record for goals in a single game.