DENVER (June 7, 2018) — The Denver Outlaws scored seven goals in the first quarter and never trailed in a 17-6 win over the Ohio Machine at Sports Authority Field at Mile High on Thursday afternoon.
The win over the Machine, who Denver has faced in each of the last two MLL Championship Games, was the Outaws' third straight win.
The Outlaws maintained possession scoring two additional goals in the second quarter while Ohio had one goal per quarter in the first half.
Kylor Bellistri lead the scoring for Denver with four goals while Matt Kavanagh and Mikie Schlosser each had a hat trick.
PLAYERS OF NOTE
- Jack Kelly was named Coca-Cola Most Valuable Player with 12 saves on 16 shots.
- Kylor Bellistri (4 goals, 2 assists) had a season-high six points.
- Eric Law, Drew Snider and Zach Currier had two goals apiece for Denver.
- Davey Emala had a hat trick in his debut with the Machine.
- First-round pick Justin Guterding had a goal and an assist in his pro debut.