ATLANTA (June 2, 2018) – The New York Lizards used an eight-goal run in the second half to fuel a 20-17 win over the Atlanta Blaze on Saturday night, improving to 3-3 on the season.
Paul Rabil scored two goals in the game, tying John Grant Jr. for the most points in league history with 541.
Trailing 14-10 midway through the third quarter, the Lizards rattled off eight straight goals, including two from rookie Joel Tinney in his MLL debut.
The win gave the Lizards a split of their season series with the Blaze.
PLAYERS OF NOTE
- Will Manny had a team-high seven points (5 goals, 2 assists), matching his season high in Week 1 vs. Denver.
- In his pro debut, first-round pick Joel Tinney had two goals and an assist.
- Drew Adams made 19 saves on 36 shots on goal.
- Second-overall pick in the Collegiate Draft Connor Kelly scored two goals in his MLL debut.
- Kevin Rice had a team-high six points (3 goals, 3 assists).