Apr 21 2018
Cannons at Hounds 2018
CHARLOTTE, N.C. (April 21, 2018) – The Charlotte Hounds started quickly, and piled on the goals as they cruised to a 25-7 victory over the Boston Cannons on Saturday night at American Legion Memorial Stadium.
Kevin Cooper led the way for Charlotte, with a career-high seven goals and one assist.
The game remained close for the first 10 minutes of the first quarter with the score at 2-1 in favor of Charlotte. From that point on, the Hounds scored 12 goals in a row over two quarters, and were paced by Cooper and John Crawley.
Kylor Bellistri scored his first of the season to make it 16-2, but then Cooper scored the next three goals to put the game away.
Charlie Cipriano stopped 13 of 17 shots in 45 minutes of action. Benny Pugh made 3 saves on 14 shots in just over 27 minutes of action before being replaced by Jack Murphy.
PLAYERS OF NOTE:
- Kevin Cooper was named Coca-Cola Most Valuable Player with a team-high eight points (7 goals, assist).
- Ryan Brown and John Crawley each had four goals for the Hounds.
- Charlie Cipriano made 13 saves on 17 shots.
- Making his Cannons debut, Kyle Denhoff had two goals.
- Kylor Bellistri (2 goals, assist) and Davey Emala (goal, 2 assists) tied for a team-high three points.