10 : 13
Apr 22 2018
Launch at Blaze 2018
KENNESAW, Ga. (April 22, 2018) – The Florida Launch scored seven of the first eight goals of the game and held on for a 13-10 win over the Atlanta Blaze on Sunday afternoon at Fifth Third Bank Stadium.
Dylan Molloy scored twice in the first five minutes of the game and finished with a team-high four points.
Atlanta trailed at halftime 9-4 and surrendered the first two goals of the third quarter, but then rallied with a four-goal streak with tallies from Matt Gibson, Kevin Rice, Deemer Class and Rice again in a span of nine minutes.
Austin Kaut made four saves in the fourth quarter as the Launch held on for the win.
PLAYERS OF NOTE:
- Sergio Salcido scored a team-high three goals, the first hat trick of his career.
- Austin Kaut, who led the league in saves last season, made 20 saves.
- Dylan Molloy (2 goals, 2 assists) and Nick Mariano (2 goals, assist) combined for seven points.
- Deemer Class tallied the first two-point goal of the season for the Blaze and finished with four points (2 goals, assist).
- Kevin Rice scored a team-high three goals.