14 : 12
May 26 2018
Machine at Hounds 2018
CHARLOTTE, N.C. (May 26, 2018) – The Charlotte Hounds improved to 5-1 on the season with a 14-12 win over the Ohio Machine on Saturday night at American Legion Memorial Stadium.
The Hounds jumped up early 8-3 before the half hit. Goals by Matt Rambo, Kevin Crowley and Kevin Cooper helped put the Hounds ahead.
The Machine made the score 13-10 late in the fourth quarter after a goal from Ryan Ambler and two straight goals from Peter Baum, but Charlotte answered with another Rambo goal.
Steven Waldeck hit a two-point goal with 87 seconds left in regulation, but Michael Ehrhardt picked off a pass to end the threat from Ohio.
PLAYERS OF NOTE
- Matt Rambo led all scorers with six points (5 goals, assist).
- Kevin Crowley scored twice in his season debut for Charlotte.
- Playing in the 100th game of his career, Kyle Harrison scored the 130th goal of his career.
- Jake Bernhard tallied two goals and two assists.
- Connor Cannizzaro (2 goals) has scored two goals in all four games he’s played this season.
- Brothers Kenny Massa (OHM) and Kevin Massa (CHA) faced off against each other for the first time as pros.