By MLL Communications | 5/9/13 4:00 PM
Rochester Rattlers at Charlotte Hounds
Saturday, May 11, 2013
American Legion Memorial Stadium, Charlotte, NC
7:00 p.m. EST
TV: Time Warner Cable SportsChannels (KC Metro, New York), ESPN3, MSG+ (Tape Delay 5/12 3:30 PM)
Entering into their second contest in six days, Charlotte and Rochester will both have something to prove on Saturday when the two squads face-off once again. Though Charlotte walked away with a victory this past Sunday, May 5, the Rattlers kept it close and realize that their 0-2 start is not to be taken for granted. Charlotte, whose record now stands at 1-1, will try to capitalize on their momentum going into the rematch from last weekend.
When They Last Met
May 5, 2013: Charlotte – 15, Rochester – 8 (Pete Poillon was named Player of the Game after registering five goals for Charlotte; Ned Crotty had three points on two goals and an assist for Denver)
After dropping their season opener to the defending champion Chesapeake Bayhawks, the Rattlers went o-for-2 when they lost to the Hounds last Sunday. It can be said that Rochester is one of the best teams in the league on paper; the question now is how can that translate to the field?
· “The first exercise we went through this week is, I sent an email out after watching the game film, and I just said for everybody to watch the film and evaluate themselves. I asked them to be critical of how they played and how we played as a team, and it got a lot of good feedback” coach Tim Soudan said following the team’s second straight loss.
· As far as team dynamic, the Rattlers have seemed to struggle a bit on defense (giving up 17 goals to Chesapeake, 15 to Charlotte), but coach Soudan doesn’t believe that one factor has led to Rochester’s rough start. In addition, he believes that this game, albeit early in the season, is essential to the team’s success.
· ”It’s critical; we have to turn it around, we certainly have to split with Charlotte. We kind of went into the season trying to figure out who we need to beat and when, and it just makes our job tougher” Soudan said ahead of the Rattlers’ second game against the Hounds.
The Hounds picked up a win against Rochester last weekend following a tough loss to the Denver Outlaws in their season debut. That match-up, which saw Charlotte give up 21 goals to Denver, is firmly on the minds of the team heading into the Rochester rematch, as is the presence of one of their best weapons.
· One of the things I’ve learned in my short time in the league is-and I’d imagine in any professional sport- winning on the road is one of the hardest things to do” said head coach Mike Cerino.
· The presence of Adam Ghitelman in goal for the Hounds proved to be substantial for the Hounds against Rochester this past weekend, as he made his teammates more confident and pulls the group together. Ghitelman’s presence in net will certainly be indicative of how Cerino wants this match-u to go.
· “I think it would be great if we gave up less goals and scored more this time, that would be even more exciting for us. It’s interesting to play someone quickly again in a six day period, it certainly has its challenges but that’s for both teams” Cerino said.