Happy Movie Mania Wednesday! We hope you are enjoying your chance to learn a bit more about your favorite Major League Lacrosse players. Today MajorLeagueLacrosse.com shines the Movie Spotlight is shines on Denver Outlaws face off Anthony Kelly.
MLL: What is your favorite movie of all time?
Kelly: Caddyshack and Roadhouse
MLL: What is in your DVD Collection?
Kelly: Roadhouse, every Rambo, Point Break, Boondock Saints, Warrior, Caddyshack, Miracle, Gladiator, Top Gun, Red Dawn (the Original – No Swayze, No way-ze!)
MLL: What’s the next movie in your Netflix queue?
Kelly: I don’t really watch much TV. I get my TV series and movies in while I’m on the road to MLL games on my I-pad. In fact, I’m probably the only person out there without a flat screen TV! I still have an old school tube TV and basic cable.
MLL: What is the first movie that you ever saw in a movie theater?
Kelly: ET (I’m old…)
MLL: What’s your favorite movie quote?
Kelly: Top Gun:
Iceman: "You can be my wingman any time."
Maverick: "Bull….! You can be mine."
“I thought you’d be bigger.”
Cool Hand Luke:
“What we’ve got here is failure to communicate.”
“Say ‘hello’ to my little friend!”
MLL: What’s your favorite sports movie?
MLL: Who is your favorite actress?
Kelly: Jessica Biel
MLL: If they made a movie about your life, who would play you?
Kelly: Definitely Dwayne Johnson - “The Rock”
MLL: Who is your celebrity Man-Crush?
Kelly: Jason Statham
MLL: Movie Face-Off – Which do you like better and why?
Kelly: First of all, these questions aren’t even fair because I love every movie on this list! Some tough calls on here!
Caddyshack vs Slap Shot
– Caddyshack because I love that movie, but Slap Shot is a personal favorite because I am a huge player and fan.
Major League vs Bull Durham
– Major League! I grew up in Cleveland and can relate to that movie so well.
Miracle vs Remember the Titans
– Miracle - USA! USA! USA!
Rocky vs Raging Bull
– Rocky! I can never get enough Rocky or Rambo in my life.
The Natural vs Hoosiers
– The Natural – just an all around feel good flick.
Rudy vs Brian’s Song
– Rudy – I love to cheer for the underdog in life that works hard and overcomes adversity.
Eight Men Out vs Field of Dreams
– Field of Dreams – another great American classic!
Mighty Ducks vs Bad News Bears
– Bad News Bears (Sorry Greg Bice!) – Being a hockey player, Mighty Ducks is such a terrible depiction of what hockey really is. Sorry, but Gordon Bombay gets pink slipped in my world!
Varsity Blues vs Friday Night Lights
– Varsity Blues – Like I said, I’m old, and Varsity Blues was more my time.
Kingpin vs The Big Lebowski
– This is such a tough one for a closer! But… I’m going to go with Big Lebowski. Such great one liners in there and that’s one I can watch over and over again.